20 Betty White Quotes that reflect her wonderful life.
Betty White was known as one of the funniest women in America. She was a comedian, actress, animal rights activist and singer. We all know her as the bubbly, sweet grandma from The Golden Girls, but she was also a tough boss on TV sitcoms and an award-winning journalist.
In this blog post we share 20 quotes that reflect the wonderful life of Betty White.
20 Quotes that reflect the wonderful life Betty White lives
1. "I was never an actress in my life, I was always just a comedienne."
2. "You know what they say. A smart person learns from her mistakes; a wise person learns from the mistakes of others."
3. "Never apologize for being funny because you'll be sorry when you stop getting laughs."
4. "People are always saying to me, 'Why not just retire? Why don't you quit now?' But I'm not going to do something that I don't want to do anymore and then feel sorry for myself for the rest of my life."
5. "If I wasn't funny, God would have made someone else funnier."
6. "Comedy is like truth serum: People tell you things that they wouldn't ordinarily tell you otherwise."
7. "I'm old enough to remember when people thought it was crazy if somebody walked around with a telephone in their pocket. Now everybody has one at their fingertips, but nobody wants to talk to anybody anymore."
8. "Things come more easily when they're done by two people who love each other than when they're done by two people who hate each other."
9. “I am still to this day starstruck. I look out at this audience and I see so many famous faces, but what really boggles my mind is that I actually know many of you. And I’ve worked with quite a few…maybe had a couple…and you know who you are.”
10. “You don’t fall off the planet once you pass a given age. You don’t lose any of your sense of humor. You don’t lose any of your zest for life, or your lust for life.”
11. “Does desire melt away with age? I’m waiting for that day to come.”
12. “You’re never too old for anything.”
13. “I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It’s that simple.”
14. “Well I love Snickers and I thought, sure that’d be fun, why not? So I got over there early one morning and didn’t know I was going to be in the … ice cold muddy water, but all I had to do was just lie down in it. This poor stunt woman took the dive, she went in. And it was a great stunt that she did, and I got the laugh. Now, really, that’s unfair when that happens. She’s probably sticking pins in a little Betty White doll.”
15. “I not only knew Houdini, but we had a very lovely relationship … I really thought we had something going, and then the son of a gun disappeared.”
16. “Why do people say “grow some balls”? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
— From her book, If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won’t)
17. “I have no regrets at all. None. I consider myself to be the luckiest old broad on two feet.”
— To Guinness World Records (In 2014, she was awarded the Guinness World Record for Longest TV Career for an Entertainer (Female).
18. “My answer to anything under the sun, like ‘What have you not done in the business that you’ve always wanted to do?’ is ‘Robert Redford’.”
19. “I’m a health nut. My favorite food is hot dogs with French fries. And my exercise: I have a two-story house and a very bad memory, so I’m up and down those stairs.”
—During a New York Times Times Talk
20. “I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It’s that simple.”